Identification of Acoustic Modeling Parameters of Porous Materials
During the process of designing acoustic treatments including porous materials, the definition of the modeling parameters of these materials is a critical step.
FOAM-X allows you to extract the following parameters:
Exploit All FOAM-X Possibilities!
Works with all standards related to impedance and transmission tube
Characterizes several types of open-cell porous materials
Foam | Fibrous | Perforated sheet | Resistive screen | Fabric
Characterizes three different types of structure
Rigid | Flexible | Elastic
Considers the boundary conditions of the assembly of the material
Tight material | Slippery material | Material with air leaks
More Pictures and Videos
Discover What FOAM-X Looks Like!
Profit from a Perfect Integration of FOAM-X with Mecanum’s Measuring Instruments!
PHI | Porosity and Density Meter
QMA | Mechanical Analyzer
SIGMA | Airflow Resistivity Meter
TOR | Tortuosity Meter
TUBE | Impedance Tubes
And Even More Functions!
Never Ending Functions!
Identification of Acoustic Modeling Parameters
- Calculates the mean and standard deviation of the data set.
- Corrects tube and measurement conditions (temperature, atmospheric pressure and relative humidity).
- The user can provide parameters to improve convergence (density, resistivity, porosity, tortuosity and other parameters).
- Identification according to three types of skeleton (rigid, flexible or elastic).
- Identification over a range of frequencies (min, max).
Display, Simulation and Sensitivity Analysis
- Validation of the parameters obtained by comparison of simulations using analytical or numerical poroelastic models (finite elements) with impedance/transmission tube measurements.
- Plots both predicted and measured data (if available) of:
- Simulates the effects of boundary conditions and lateral acoustic leakage in tubes by the axisymetric finite element method (axiFEM).
- Predicts all the acoustic properties in the case of excitation by a plane wave of normal incidence such as: absorption coefficient, attenuation index, surface and characteristic impedance, number of complex wave, effective dynamic density and effective bulk modulus.
- Takes into account:
- Retains materials identified by FOAM-X or your own method.
- Searches for materials according to different criteria (e.g. price, porosity, resistivity to the passage of air, thickness, etc.)
- Compares two materials.